Hard Facts About Alcoholism
Here are some hard facts we had to face about our alcoholism:
- THERE IS NO CURE FOR ALCOHOLISM.
- There is only one way to begin alcoholism treatment. Absolute, total, and complete abstinence from drinking. If you want to quit drinking, you must quit drinking!
- We've lost the ability to control our drinking, and we can never drink "normally" again.
- Alcohol dictates our mood and mood swings. We can't be "happy" unless we are drinking, or we need that drink to "take off the edge."
- We can't drink "just a couple of beers" or "one glass of wine" hoping to keep the amount we drink under control.
- It doesn't matter if we only "drink on weekends" or "only have a couple." It is what we do when we drink, no matter how much or how little, that determines our ability to control our drinking and whether or not we have a problem with alcohol.
- Alcoholism is a progressive disease. The longer we continue to drink, the worse the problem will become. Our health will continue to deteriorate and we will sink into a hellhole that we may not be able to climb out of.
- After a period of time without drinking, if we do start to drink again, we will almost immediately find ourselves right back where we left off.
Is There Hope for Us?
THE ANSWER IS YES!
There are many forms of treatment for alcoholism including treatment centers, alcohol rehabs, counseling, hypnotism, and other self-awareness and holistic approaches for treating alcoholism.
For some people, these may be effective in helping curb their alcoholism and enable them to lead good, productive lives.
However, there is a simple and effective program that does not cost anything, has no firm rules (only suggestions), and has stood the test of time for success.
That program is "Alcoholics Anonymous."
Alcoholics Anonymous will help you
Take Your Life Back!